Hauptmenü

Header

 

19.5.13

Recipe: Lemon Cloud Cake

Hello lovelies,

I'm so sorry, I'm totally late with this post today. Hubs became a cleaning maniac and I was sitting here, feeling guilty. Then I cleaned the kitchen instead of writing this post. Now his cleaning maniac is over and I have the time to share this tasty cake recipe with you. Because today is World Baking Day!


My sister-in-law used a cake mix called "Zitronen Wolke (ger)" from Dr. Oetker a few times. It's an airy kind of lemon pound cake which is baked with cream instead of butter or margarine. And Hubs, not really a fan of cakes, loves it.
There is only one problem: I'm not a fan of cake mixes. That's why I start my own test kitchen and I found a recipe that is approximately to it.



Ingredients:
200 ml Cream
3 Eggs
200 g Sugar
100 g Flour
100 g Starch
Lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
15 g Baking Powder
1 pn Salt

Preparation:
  1. Preheat the oven to 170 ° C (upper and lower heat) and prepare the cake pan.
  2. Separate the eggs and beat the eggwhites until stiff. Put it aside, you'll need it later.
  3. Mix the egg yolk with the sugar until it's quite light. Then mix the cream in.
  4. Mix the dry ingredients together and stir it in the egg-cream-mix.
  5. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
  6. Bake it ca. 45–50 min. Use a wooden tooth pick to controll it. Prick in the middle of the cake. When there's no cake left on the tooth pick, you can take it out of the oven.
  7. Let the cake cool down and sprinkle it with sugar powder before serving.


It's a simple, tasty and versatile cake. I'll try the following variants: chocolate, marble and a cocktail one: Tequila Sunrise. Simply change the lemon ingredients with chocolate, orange or something else. Some ideas for more variants?

Enjoy it.

Love, Mel … xoxo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment. I'm happy about every single one I get. And be sure: I don't bite, maybe just nibble a bit. ;) xoxo