Hauptmenü

Header

 

9.5.13

Recipe: Little Cocos Slices

Hello cake lovers,

today is "Father's Day" and while my dad don't like this day (the extreme opposite of my mum) I make every year a little something for him. This year it was the little cocos slices. I must admit that my dad is diabetic and in fact he shouldn't eat much sweets. But I think, if it don't kill you instant you should be allowed to treat yourself 2–3 times a year. And I almost prefer to bake him the treats by myself, because I'm able to reduce or exchange the sugar.



They look so delicious, didn't they? You get the original recipe, which is a real sugar bomb … and so unbelievable yummy.

What you need (for ca. 12 pieces)

For the dough:
50 g butter
250 g sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla sugar
300 g flour
3 tsp baking powder
a lacing of rum

For the chocolate cream:
300 g sugar
200 g baking chocolate
200 ml milk
200 g butter
desiccated coconut

Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).

For the dough cream togheter the butter, sugar (incl. vanilla sugar) and eggs. Mix the flour with the baking powder and fold them into the creamy mass. Add the milk.
Bake the dough in a squared baking pan for 18–20 minutes. Let the cake cool down in the pan.

For the cream boil up the sugar, baking chocolate and milk. Remove the pot from the stove. When the mass has become room temperature add the butter and mix it together.

Now slice the cake into small pieces and roll them first into the chocolate cream and then into the desiccated coconut. Put them in a cool place until you serve them.


What are your little treats you give away on special days?

Oh … by the way … on 19th May is World Baking Day. And there is a huge recipe collection. Will you participate and bake something? Let me know. 

Love, Mel … xoxo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment. I'm happy about every single one I get. And be sure: I don't bite, maybe just nibble a bit. ;) xoxo