Hauptmenü

Header

 

21.7.13

How to be a fat bitch #3

Hello lovelies,

welcome to the third part of the great eCourse "How to Be a Fat Bitch" from The Nearsighted Owl. The topic of this part is: Being Fashionable and Fat.

How to be a Fat Bitch ecourse

Assignment
Challenge yourself to wear something that you might have felt wary about in the past. Break up your routine with something different and you might open yourself up to some radical new styles! Blog it, Instagram it, Tweet it (#fatbitchecourse, #nearsightedowl), etc. and share it in the comments below.

At the end of 2012 I stumbled over the awesome Gabi from GabiFresh. This was my first meeting with the awesome fatosphere at the internet. Since then, I've met awesome ladies all around the world, who inspired me and change my view on my body. And also the content of my wardrobe. But I don't want to jump ahead. I have the chance to write more about those awesome women in the next part of the challenge.

Back to topic … the assignment is to wear something I wouldn't wear normally. Normally is relative … Last year, it was normal to hide in wide jeans and t-shirts. But my wardrobe gain more and more dresses and skirts. Yikes! How did this happened? Maybe I'm a bit ahead of this eCourse. ;)

Anyway, I wear clothes I haven't imagine one year ago that I would wear them. And I feel great in them. I was so afraid how I would look in a dress, that I missed the comfort of them. No trouser waistband, who cut in the flesh while sitting. I've denied to me so many years. What a pity!


OMG … I'm wearing a white short!


And a pink circle skirt!


This awesome dress from ASOS Curve became one of my fave clothes. ♥


Yikes! A flower skirt!


A (red!) belt on my waist that brings my massive curves out! *shock*

These photos are a few examples from my OotD posts.

My mum told me, I shouldn't wear dresses and skirts on the streets, because I look fat in them. I answered, that I don't look fat, I AM FAT! And even if I look 10 pounds more than in jeans … when I feel comfortable, I should wear it. End!

And this brings me to the …

Discussion
Do you have some fatshion tips to share? Please do!

Only one: Wear what you want, what you like and in what you feel comfortable, great, awesome, fantastic … To hell with the "well-meant" tips from others who only "want your best". Say them to their face that, if they really worried about you, they wouldn't drag you down again and again by repeating how fat you are.


Be honest: Is there any piece of clothes that you would wear but don't brave enough?

Wish you an awesome new week and cross my fingers that great things will happen to you. :)

Love, Mel … xoxo

Kommentare:

Feel free to leave a comment. I'm happy about every single one I get. And be sure: I don't bite, maybe just nibble a bit. ;) xoxo