Hauptmenü

Header

 

30.7.13

Impressions of my hometown

Hello lovelies,

if you follow me on instagram, you've noticed a small flood of pictures, tagged with #bumblebee_citytrip. So, here is the solution: A post with a few impressions of my hometown.

Kassel (German pronunciation: [ˈkasəl]; spelled Cassel until 1928) is a town located on the Fulda River in northern Hesse, Germany. It is the administrative seat of the Kassel Regierungsbezirk and the Kreis of the same name and has approximately 195,000 inhabitants.[2] It is known for the documenta exhibition of contemporary art. In 1964, the town hosted the fourth Hessentag state festival, and is designated for the 53rd in 2013.
Quelle: Wikipedia

I must admit that Kassel isn't a beauty. A huge part of the city was bury below bombs during the WWII. So, we don't have a beautiful historic centre, but we have beautiful landscapes around and inside the city.

I'm living on the outskirts and therefore I visit the city not often. Most only once a month for my grocery haul. Today I wasn't only on a shopping trip. I was on a photo safari as well and visit some beautiful places in a not so beautiful downtown.



However … I love this city. I live here for 34 years (two years I lived in Speyer, Rhineland-Palatinate). It's my hometown and it really has it's beauty … more inside than outside. :)


Love, Mel … xoxo


Kommentare:

  1. I went to Kassel a few years ago on an exchange trip! I really enjoyed my time there, I want to come back and visit again sometime x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Aww … glad to hear, that you like it. :) xoxo

      Löschen
  2. It looks lovely Mel, I thought about doing a similar post about where I live x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Go for it! I would love to read about your town. :) xoxo

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment. I'm happy about every single one I get. And be sure: I don't bite, maybe just nibble a bit. ;) xoxo