Hauptmenü

Header

 

21.8.13

How to be a fat bitch #4

Hello lovelies,

it's time for next part of the great eCourse from The Nearsighted Owl. Todays topic is: See beauty in other fat bodies.

How to be a Fat Bitch ecourse

Assignment
Create a tribute to a fat body. Your fat body or somebody else's. Make a papier mache figure, draw a silhouette photograph your rolls, curate a collection of images of bodies similar to yours, etc.

This is really easy for me, because I do this since nearly 1 year, more precisely since october 2012, with my own tumblr blog, my body positive space. A short time after that I discovered Pinterest. Since then I have my +size boards, where I share my inspirations. The newest one is the +size blogger styles.



Those boards are my way to tribute all the great (fat) bodies out there. Those ladies are a huge part on my way to more confidence.

Discussion
How has seeing fat bodies in the media affected you? Like Adele, Gabourey Sidibe, Aidy Bryant from SNL, Beth Ditto, Melissa McCarthy, etc. Do you gravitate towards fat positive music, TV and movies?

I must say, that those women didn't affect me much. But I remember, that one of the first blogs I discovered last year was Gabifresh.com. And I won't forget was she wrote in her F.A.Q. about getting the confidence she have.
Firstly, be more selective with your media intake. Stop reading tabloids and other magazines that are filled with judgment and body talk. Instead, fill up on body positive blogs and websites dedicated to illustrating bodies of all shapes and sizes. Join tumblr and follow people who have bodies that look like yours. Stop judging other women--challenge yourself to think positively about others, once you accomplish that, you will stop being so harsh on yourself too. Don’t participate when friends or colleagues make fun of another woman’s body, celebrity or otherwise. Do not participate in diet talk. Wear clothes that you feel good in and that express your personality. Pamper yourself with a spa day. Take a long bath, read a good book, and focus on being grateful for all the absolutely amazing things your body is able to do. Many people aren’t so lucky! Remember that cultivating your inner beauty is so much more important than anything you can buy at a store or any number on a scale.
Source

This advice is one of the most important ones I got in my whole live. It helps me a lot and let me find other amazing women all around the world who trying to achieve confidence (or already have it). A great community I really love and won't miss again in my live.

Thanks to Kaye, Nikki, Ella, Sabina, Leah, Becky and Becky, Rachel and Vicky … who are representative for a lot of amazing women world wide, which shows us how to embrace our curves. Love you, ladies ♡


Love, Mel … xoxo

Kommentare:

  1. Thank you angel! That has properly made my day.

    That piece of writing by Gabifresh is SO true! x x x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great post girl ... what else can we do besides loving ourselves and promoting body positivity to help others who are still in the dark out there ... happy I came across your blog - ill be stopping by frequently :)
    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen

Feel free to leave a comment. I'm happy about every single one I get. And be sure: I don't bite, maybe just nibble a bit. ;) xoxo