Hauptmenü

Header

 

16.9.13

How to be a Fat Bitch #5

You're so vain!

Hello lovelies,

You're so vain. Das ist der 5. Teil des eCourse "How to be a Fat Bitch" von Rachele von The Nearsighted Owl. Und irgendwie passte es heute. Eigentlich waren die Fotos und die Bilder erst für später geplant. Aber heute war einfach mein Tag. Daher habe ich einfach mal ein wenig umdisponiert.

You're so vain. That's the 5th part of the e-course "How to be a Fat Bitch" from Rachele from The Nearsighted Owl. And somehow today everything was adjusted to be vain. In fact, this post was planned for later this week. But today was my day. So I've rearranged my plans a bit.


Aufgabe
Die Aufgabe dieses Mal war, eitel zu sein und Fotos von sich zu machen. Eine Million Fotos. Selbst wenn man sie nicht posten möchte, soll man sie sich einfach anschauen und sich sagen: "I'm a fat bitch and I'm hot".

Assignment:
Be vain and take a photo of yourself. Take a million of photos of yourself! Even if you don't post them, see what it feels like to be your own apple of your eye. Say, look at me! I am a fat bitch AND hot!




Diskussion
Die Frage war, wie man selbst mit Komplimenten umgeht. Ob man sie annehmen kann oder ob man sich selbst in der Antwort abwertet.

Im Großen und Ganzen tu ich mich immer noch recht schwer damit, Komplimente anzunehmen. Je fremder die Menschen, desto weniger kann ich damit umgehen. Bei meinem Mann habe ich (mittlerweile) keine Probleme mehr, sie anzunehmen. Im Gegenteil, ich kokettier mittlerweile noch schön. Irgendwann in den letzten 6,5 Jahren, die wir jetzt ein Paar sind, habe ich dann doch angefangen, ihm zu glauben. Generell versuche allerdings, die negativen Abwehrkommentare zu unterlassen und mich einfach nur mit einem strahlenden Lächeln zu bedanken.

Discussion
I prefer sincere compliments over too many compliments, probably because duh, I am vain and I am hearing what I already know. What about you? Can you take a compliment? Or do you catch yourself saying the obligatory self-deprecating response?

Overall it's not easy for me to take compliments. The more someone is a stranger to me, the less I can handle it. By now I have no problems to take compliments from the hubby. I rather coquet a bit when he make me a compliment. At any time within the last 6,5 years since we became a couple, I began to believe him. Generally I try to leave the self-deprecating responses and thank with my brightest smile.

Wie geht ihr mit Komplimenten um? Könnt ihr sie annehmen oder winkt ihr lieber ab? Scrollt ein Stück runter und haut in die Tasten. Ich bin gespannt. :)

I ask you the same questions, Rachele asks in the discussion. Can you take compliments? Or do you wave aside? Scroll a bit down and leave me some lines. I'm curious about it. :)

Love, Mel … xoxo

Kommentare:

  1. I used to be terrible at accepting compliments but try to accept them gracefully now. I also LOVE giving compliments! You look fab! x x x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You look great!!! That figure!! You suit that more rocky style Mel!! I find bigger girls the most attractive. Why should we not be allowed to say that we look great!! We are two bigger girls in the office and we are the best dressers by far so who says the bigger girls doesn't have fashion sense?? :) xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, Anne-Lise. xx I think, what is attractive or not is a matter of taste. And that is good as it is. And we are fashionable. And we become more and more fab clothes to rock our curves. :D xoxo

      Löschen
  3. you look amazing - I love the rock feel of this outfit and yeah: sometimes, I have problems receiving compliments especially when im in a bad mood - it just sound and feels like people are just pretending and saying things for the sake of saying them!!! great post sister :)

    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you ♡ In the past, people treated me not "the nice way", so I have problems to differ well meant compliments and mockery. *sigh* xxx

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment. I'm happy about every single one I get. And be sure: I don't bite, maybe just nibble a bit. ;) xoxo